These cookies are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. The chocolate, coconut, and caramel flavors are amazing together.
Ingredients3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
3 Tbsp. unsweetened, dutch processed cocoa powder
2 large egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 c. caramel sauce
- Stir the sugars, flour, and cocoa powder together.
- Whip the egg whites to soft peaks using a whisk or mixer. Add the vanilla and stir until incorporated.
- Slowly add the sugar mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the coconut.
- Place tablespoon sized dollops on two parchment linked baking sheets. Bake at 325F for 22 minutes, rotating the baking sheets at 11 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Microwave caramel sauce until it is a pourable consistency. Place in zip top bag. Cut off a small corner of the bag and drizzle sauce over the cooled cookies.
- Sprinkle a pinch of kosher salt over the cookies.
- Store in an airtight container.