One of the Christmas presents I received was the America’s
Test Kitchen DIY cookbook. It’s filled with over 100 food related projects that you can make at
home (including goat cheese, nutella, and bacon!). I’ve decided to start at the beginning and make everything that appeals
to me. Starting with the first recipe,
here’s homemade peanut butter. (The recipe from the book uses unsalted peanuts and 1 teaspoon of salt. I used salted peanuts and some honey)
Ingredients4 c. roasted, salted peanuts
2 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Roast the peanuts on a baking sheet for 5 minutes. Let cool for 20 minutes..
- Add the peanuts to a food processor. Process for 90 seconds.
- Stop the food processor and scrape down the sides. At this point, you should have dry, crumbly mixture..
- Continue processing for another 2 to 4 minutes until the mixture changes to a creamy paste.
- Scrape down the sides again, add the honey, and pulse for a few times to distribute it.
- Transfer to a container and store refrigerated. I had enough to fill two 8-ounce jars.
|After 90 seconds, the mixture will be dry and crumbly.|
|The final product - a creamy (delicious) paste|