(Recipe adapted from cookinglight.com.)
- 3 large zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 c. fresh basil
- 3/4 c. ricotta cheese
- 1/4 c. flat-leaf parsley
- 2 Tbsp. fresh mint leaves
- 1/4 c. grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp. hot water
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. Penzey's Northwoods seasoning blend (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Slice the zucchini in half, lengthwise. Using a small spoon (I used a 1 tsp. measuring spoon) scoop out the flesh of the zucchini, leaving a 1/4 inch shell.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the basil, ricotta, parsley, mint, Parmesan, water, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a food processor. Pulse 5-10 times until the herbs are chopped and the other ingredients are incorporated.
- Scoop the ricotta mixture into the zucchini shells, pressing gently. Sprinkle with seasoning blend and place in the baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!