Sunday, August 21, 2011

Cream Filled Chocolate Cupcakes

I've always been a fan of Hostess cream filled chocolate cupcakes. I used to work in a grocery store and would often get the plastic wrapped 2-pack on my breaks.  When I saw this recipe on cookscountrytv.com and at americastestkitchenfeed.com I decided to give it a try.

These are so much better than packaged cupcakes.  They are incredibly choclatey, containing both cocoa powder and chocolate chips, as well as a small amount of instant espresso to enhance the chocolate flavor (for those people who don't like coffee, don't worry, you can't taste it at all.) 

The filling is a mixture of butter, vanilla extract and marshmallow creme (I used the Kraft Jet puffed brand.  The small 7oz. jar was exactly the amount that I needed.  The filling is also used to make the swirls on the top (I need to work on my piping a little bit.) 

Three people have tried them so far and absolutely loved them.  Cronk had one, then immediately went for a second one saying, "I'm used to them coming in packs of two...I can't just eat one!"

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete