Ingredients:3/4 lb. asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb. package of frozen tortellini
1/4 c. balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. dijon mustard
4 strips of bacon
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh thyme
1 large shallot, diced
3/4 c. grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp. chopped fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix well and roast for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- While asparagus roasts, cook the tortellini according to package directions. Drain well.
- In a large skillet or dutch oven, cook the bacon until crisp, turning occasionally. Remove bacon from skillet and place on paper towels and crumble when cooled. Drain the bacon fat and return 1 Tbsp of it too the skillet.
- Cook the shallot in the bacon fat for 3-5 minutes, until slightly golden. Add the asparagus and saute for 2 minutes, then add the tortellini. Reduce heat to low and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally for 2-4 minutes.
- Mix the vinegar, mustard, and thyme in a small bowl. Add to the skillet and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any browned bits. Stir to combine, then top with the Parmesan and sage.