Yield: 5 servings
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp. cottage cheese
1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
3 links Italian turkey sausage, casings removed
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped fine
3 cups baby spinach, coarsely chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, cottage cheese, red pepper flakes, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper until well blended .
- In an oven safe skillet, brown sausage over medium heat. Remove sausage and drain on paper towels.
- Return skillet to heat and add the olive oil. Sauté the onion for five minutes, or until translucent.
- Add spinach and cook until slightly wilted, about two minutes.
- Stir the egg mixture and browned sausage in with the onion and spinach . Cook until eggs begin to set, about five minutes
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for fifteen minutes, or until frittata is puffed and golden brown.
- Cool for five minutes, sprinkle with chives, slice into wedges, and serve.