Thursday, July 15, 2010

Blogging in the Dark

Although Blogging in the Dark could be an interesting name for a band, it's what I'm doing right now. We lost electricity about 2 hours ago. A transformer blew right outside of our house and apparently some tree limbs need to be cut so the power company can fix it. luckily I added a blogging app to my cell phone, which is quickly losing its battery.

I love the stillness that my house gets when the power is out..just serene silence. I'm normally not a fan of quiet; I typically have music on at home for background noise. But there's something about the lack of noise during a power outage that I really like.

My department is having a birthday breakfast for me tomorrow and my one friend is making this sausage strata which is incredibly delicious. There is egg, bread, sausage, ham....all the flavors together are amazing!

I'm turning off the phone now and am going to enjoy the rest of this quiet evening.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.4.7

No comments:

Post a Comment