Monday, July 12, 2010

Cake Balls!

Some of my coworkers and I have been joking around, toying with the idea of opening up a cupcake shop.  We feel it is a much better alternative than our current office jobs.  One of these friends brought in cake balls today.  Whoever thought of these is a genius.  They're basically a cake, rolled into small balls, then coated in some kind of frosting/icing. Cake that fits in the palm of your hand...amazing. 

The ones that he made today were a pecan/praline cake with a semi sweet chocolate coating that hardened as it cooled.  They were so delicious. We joked that one of our ads for the cupcake shop (which would include cake balls) could be one of our girl friends holding a tray of cake balls with the slogan " Why does she have all the balls?" or "Balls...they're for girls too."  We just need some investment capital to get the shop started...stay tuned!  I think I'm going to further inspire my friend by getting her cupcake cookbook for her birthday next week. 

Dinner tonight was pretty easy.  I had some frozen salmon filets that I let thaw, then drizzled them in olive oil, salt, and pepper.  A few weeks ago, I bought a Northwest Salmon Rubs from the Spice and Tea Exchange, so I rubbed that on and baked them for a few minutes.  The rub was amazing...some asian flavors and just the right amount of heat.  On the side, I made some couscous (one of the world's quickest side dishes) with some fresh basil and parmesan cheese mixed in. 

Five more days until the 80's themed pub crawl/scavenger hunt!

No comments:

Post a Comment