Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Grilled Pizza - My New Best Friend

I've never been much of a griller...it's always been Cronk's job.  This year I decided to jump into the wide world of barbecuing. I've become a huge fan of grilled pizzas.  I occasionally make my own dough, but it's really easy to just swing by the supermarket and pick up some pre-made dough from their bakery.  Then I just roll it out, add some salt, pepper, and olive oil, then throw it on the grill.  Just 2 minutes makes it nice and crispy with great grill marks.  Then I flip it over, add the toppings, go for another 2 minutes and enjoy.  So far the toppings I've used have been:

  • Arugula and mozzarella 
  • Caramelized onion, fontina, and thyme
  • Ricotta, parmesan, asparagus and lemon zest
  • Tomatoes, mozzarella, and basil
They've all come out great! They're definitely a 
different flavor and texture when you cook the pizza on the grill compared to a pizza stone (although I do love my Pampered Chef pizza stone!) I think I'll go south of the border for the next one and do something with chicken and chipotles in adobo sauce.

Last night, I went into my 2nd bedroom and saw Abby snoozing....I had to take a few pictures to get a good shot, but I love this one.  Cronk's been taking her on long walks in the morning, and it helps tire her out by the time 9 PM comes along.  A tired dog is a happy dog.  

No comments:

Post a Comment