Sunday, July 11, 2010

Titles and their meaning

The title of my blog basically sums up the most important parts of my life.

Cooking: This is what keeps me sane and is one of my favorite things to do. Be it baking, cooking dinner, or making drinks, anything involving the preparation and eating of food is the best way for me to spend my time.

Cronk: My boyfriend...I love him. Not to be confused with "Crunk". He gets to enjoy my cooking. I always can tell if a meal is good because he'll roll his eyes in delight when he takes the first bite.

A Crazy Dog: Abby, my 2 year old boston terrier. Like Cronk, Abby has stolen my heart and I would do anything for her. She also tends to enjoy some of my kitchen concoctions if they "accidentally" fall on the floor.

This weekend's creations:
Watermelon smoothie: Cubed watermelon, vanilla yogurt, ice and water.
Caramelized onion risotto: Typical risotto recipe...mix in caramelized onions with balsamic vinegar and thyme.
Pierogie Casserole: Basically a deconstructed pierogie. Lasagna noodles, mashed potatoes, cheddar cheese, onions, garlic, sour cream, and green onions.

My birthday is coming up in a week....there's an 80's themed pub crawl and scavenger hunt the night before my birthday. This combines two of my favorite things: the 80's and drinking. Although I did end up getting way too tipsy at the last pub crawl I attended.

More meals, and tales of boyfriends and boston terriers to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment